Animal yoga poses for kids

Princess on a throne

A lot of parents are asking themselves the question how to cope with their kids at home during the coronavirus. Schools are closed and parents combine work with homeschooling. My niece is making her homework dressed up as a princess, because a princess is what she wants to be ;-) Since she is missing her friends from school, I came up with the idea to make a princess buddy tutorial.


I created a princess template myself and sent this with a list of necessities to the parents of my niece before starting our Skype tutorial. You can use my template as an example to draw the princess. I recommend you to print it out or trace it onto thick paper, so the princess can sit up straight in her chair eventually. Use any material of your liking to give her some colour. Let your creativity flow!

The chair (or call it throne if you like) I created is made by using a toilet paper roll. I shaped it as shown on the picture bellow. Afterwards I painted my throne in a green colour, but you can also use other means to decorate it. To complete the throne you can make a cushion for your princess. You will need a small piece of cardboard and wrapping paper. You can determine the shape of the cushion by using the size of the toilet paper roll and wrap it with gift paper. Now your princess can sit comfortably while joining you during your homework.



I told my niece during the Skype tutorial about the option to use a cotton swab and paint to decorate the throne. She loved this idea so much and decided to go for it as you can see on the picture below.


Instead of making a princess you can choose to make a prince or anything else you fancy of course! Whatever your child decides, studying with a paper buddy on your side is more fun :-)