Animal yoga poses for kids

Paper flowers

When I wake up and ride my bicycle to my nanny family, I can hear and see the first signs of spring! With the increasing temperatures and earlier sunrises, the birds seem livelier and you can spot the early spring flowers and leaf buds. Walking with my nanny kids in the park and seeing nature change during spring season is so fantastic!

We brought spring into the home by making our own paper flowers.


Print or draw flowers of the same size on a paper. If you like to, you can use this template. Let the kids decorate the flowers with paint, crayons or pieces of fabric. When ready, cut all the flowers and let the kids make pairs of their liking. Place double sided tape on each flower and put a straw in between before sticking both sides together. The kids can place the flowers in a vase, it’s a great way to improve the fine motor skills of young children.  You don’t have to worry about watering the flowers and they will shine as long as you want them to ;-)



If you like to read poems out loud about spring with your kids, I can recommend the book I Am the Seed That Grew the Tree: A Nature Poem For Every Day Of The Year. If you are lucky, you can rent it at your local library.


I have taught my nanny kids songs about spring as well. Sing a song of flowers is an easy spring song for young children (see video below).