Animal yoga poses for kids

Cardboard coffee cup reindeer

Oh deer, it's almost Christmas and a New Year is coming! My nanny kids and I love this time of the year so much! Yesterday during our reindeer craft activity my oldest nanny kid told me how cosy (a typical Dutch word) she found it with me. She made my heart melt. I feel blessed working for such a lovely family! I am sure we will undertake a lot of new adventures next year, I can't wait!

Inspired by this craft post in the Guardian we wanted to make a reindeer from cardboard coffee cups. 


You can read the instructions of the craft in the link given above, although we did a few things differently.   

My nanny kid was very curious what the reindeer would look like. Therefore, I decided to place the twigs beforehand so she could imagine the reindeer. We replaced the kitchen towel roll with cardboard coffee cups, the red fluffy nose for a red painted milk cap and we added a feather as a tail. Ooh and of course the colour is a huge difference. That’s what happens when your child picks a colour. The reindeer turned more or less into a My Little Pony :-)