Animal yoga poses for kids

Gratitude heart

A fun and creative way to teach children how to be grateful, is making a gratitude heart together. Every evening after dinner I ask my nanny kids: “What are you thankful for today?” The answers are so genuine and pure! This activity shows that you can cultivate an attitude of gratitude from an early age. My oldest nanny kid asks me in return what I am feeling thankful for. Isn’t it lovely to practice important social-emotional skills with just a simple craft?


You will need air dry clay, beads, paint and a pipe cleaner to make this gratitude heart. The kids can decorate a piece of clay with beads and paint. Put the ends of a small pipe cleaner in the clay when it’s still wet and shape it into a heart. Let the gratitude heart dry and you can start the ritual straight after dinner!